Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend in Armstrong

The girls & I spent the weekend in Armstrong hanging out with friends and family. We were very excited to go to the A-R Homecoming Football game on Friday to watch my cousin Tyler play. The weather was beautiful for the game, the girls both got to wear their "Go Tyler" shirts I made them last year. (Note that Madi did not want her picture taken with Tyler, when he picked her up, Madi pushed him away. She said that he was all wet & gross!!)
Saturday we headed to Fairmont to have lunch with my Aunt Susie & cousin Stasha. For those of you that did not know, my cousin Stasha was diagnosed with cancer in her hip about a two months ago. She is in full swing with her treatments. I'm so proud of her, she has been so strong with all the bumps God has thrown in her way. It was so nice to just sit down & hear her story of what she has all been through.

Saturday late afternoon we were so thrilled to get to see part of the Felkey Family for alittle while, we always love seeing them whenever we get the chance since we live so far away from them. After Supper we got the chance to hang out with Jenn & Brooklyn, they were also in town for the weekend.

My Mom & Mad were away at the races all weekend, I have to say it was a little different being back home when they were not around. Madi woke up Saturday morning and went into Grandma's room to find that Grandma was not there, she said to me "Grandma didn't come home last night" Sometimes she is so funny!! Needless to say, the girls were so excited to see Grandma & Papa this morning when they got up. Most of today was spent just hanging out with them- Kayla loves to just snuggle with Grandma & Madi enjoyed helping Papa mow & shoot off the rocket. After a nice supper, it was time to make the trip back home. Madi was sleeping before we even left town and Kayla played her DS, so that made for a nice quiet ride home. It is always nice to be home..... but I hate unpacking

No comments: