Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weekend in Des Moines

I had a great trip to Des Moines this past weekend. It was so nice to see Chris & all the different places he has been talking about. I drove down on Thursday after work, it is a LONG drive. Chris & his roommates had a drink waiting for me when I got there.
It was nice to sleep in on Friday & not have to be anywhere at any scheduled time. I met Mandy & Chris Nelson (Chris' roommates) for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. I did get a little Christmas shopping in before we headed to Happy Hour for Margaritas while waiting for Chris to get off work. We had supper & a couple cocktails before we headed back to the apartment to watch a movie.
Chris & I had some more Christmas shopping to do, so we headed to the Jordan Creek Mall. Wow, was is busy, I was a little over whelmed with all the people, but had to remember that Des Moines is not always like this. This is the first time that I can remember that Chris helped me with Christmas shopping, he was such a trooper!!
We went back to the apartment to rest for while before we headed to Downtown Des Moines for a night on the town.
I knew the weather was not going to be good by Sioux Falls, so I headed out around noon to go to Armstrong to pick up the girls. When I got there, they were at my sister Casey's house for a birthday party. We hung out there & had supper and where it was time to go my Dad started the truck to let it warm up & accidentally locked the doors with the truck running!!! Long story short, we had someone come out & unlock the truck and by the time we were ready to go, the weather was too bad for us to drive home so we stayed at mom's!!
Here is a picture of Chris & his roommates, Chris & Mandy

No comments: