Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Been A long Tme!!

Sorry for the lack of updates on us lately... we have keeping pretty busy.

Chris has been in Des Moines for a week and a half, he likes his new job. It is a lot of new information to learn right now, but he feels like he is catching on pretty quick.
The girls & I are getting along okay without having a man in the house, although I have to say, it is different having him gone.
I had a little "accident" the first night that Chris was gone... I backed the Durango into the garage door!!!! Not good, but I guess that is why we pay for insurance. I have to say I think I have handled every thing just fine & hopefully the Durango will be out of the shop soon.
Kayla had a Halloween Sleep Over for Girl Scout last Friday, she had a great time, she said that she only slept for a hour!!! (I have a hard time believing that)
Saturday morning the girl, Emily & I walked in a 3.3 mile breast cancer walk in Brandon. When I signed up a couple weeks ago, I did not know that I would be taking the girls with me, but since I'm playing 'single mom' I did not have an option. The girls did great, we did have times when we had to drag Kayla along, Madi fell out of the stroller once, and we finished last, but it was all worth it. Did I mention that I won the best door prize they gave out.... 3 free buffet to the Pizza Ranch...Yea!!!!
Saturday afternoon we headed to Armstrong, we went back to attend a benefit for my cousin Stasha. It was nice to see that they had a good turn out!! Sunday was a lazy day for us, we hung out at Mom & Dad's, the Merrill's stopped by, it was nice to play with my nephew Max. Uncle Gary & Aunt Connie stopped by too, we got to talk about the upcoming football playoffs. A-R play on Wednesday night against Woodbine. Go Mustangs!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

AWESOME give-aways.. they never give those out around here... Seriously... last place???? Come on.... serious? I love the part about Madi falling out. I am creating a great visual in my mind. Te he!
Happy Day!